Janssen CarePath is your one source for access, affordability, and treatment support for your patients
Access support to help navigate payer processes
Janssen CarePath helps verify insurance coverage for your patients taking ERLEADA® and provides reimbursement information. Our offerings include:
- Benefits investigation support
- Prior authorization support and status monitoring
- Information on the exceptions and appeals process
- Coding and billing information, if needed
- Triage to specialty pharmacy providers, if needed
Provider Portal at JanssenCarePathPortal.com for online benefits investigation, prior authorization support, and other resources
- Online Secure Messaging to ask a question, request a status update, or send missing information related to an existing case
Affordability support to help your patients start and stay on treatment you prescribe
Janssen CarePath can help you find out what affordability assistance may be available for your patients taking ERLEADA®:
Support for patients using commercial or private insurance:
Janssen CarePath Savings Program for ERLEADA® allows eligible patients to save on their out-of-pocket medication costs. Depending on the patient's health insurance plan, savings may apply toward co-pay, co-insurance, or deductible.
Eligible patients pay $0 per month with a $15,000 maximum program benefit per calendar year or one-year supply, whichever comes first.
- Not valid for patients using Medicare, Medicaid, or other government-funded programs to pay for their medications. Terms expire at the end of each calendar year and may change. There is no income requirement. See full eligibility requirements at Erleada.JanssenCarePathSavings.com
Online enrollment and tracking of patient Savings Program benefits by you, the pharmacy, or the patient
- Comprehensive Provider Portal at JanssenCarePathPortal.com allows you to enroll eligible patients in Savings Programs, view patients' available benefit and transactions as requested by the patient, and receive timely alerts and program updates
- If you just want to check eligibility and enroll patients in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program for ERLEADA®, visit the Express Enrollment site at JanssenCarePathPortal.com/express. You will not have a Janssen CarePath account and you will not be able to view patients’ Savings Program benefits at this site
- Patients can manage Savings Program benefits and more on their Janssen CarePath Account at MyJanssenCarePath.com
Support for patients using government-funded healthcare programs or patients without insurance coverage:
Janssen CarePath can provide information about other resources that may be able to help your patients with their out-of-pocket medication costs, including:
- State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (SPAPs)
- State Health Insurance Programs (SHIPs)
- Medicare Savings Program
- Medicare Part D Extra Help—Low-Income Subsidy
- Independent Foundations*
- Call a Janssen CarePath Care Coordinator at 877-CarePath (877-227-3728) or visit JanssenPrescriptionAssistance.com for more information on affordability programs that may be available
*Independent co-pay assistance foundations have their own rules for eligibility. We have no control over these independent foundations and can only refer your patients to a foundation that supports their disease state. We do not endorse any particular foundation.
Treatment support to help your patients get informed and stay on prescribed treatment
Janssen CarePath provides additional support to your patients taking ERLEADA®, including:
- Patient education brochures
- Web-based resources
- Information about Advocacy Connector, a Janssen-sponsored resource that connects patients and caregivers to national and state-specific advocacy groups that offer resources relevant to oncology
- Appointment reminders
- Prescription refill reminders for ERLEADA®
Call a Janssen CarePath Care Coordinator at
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET.
Multilingual phone support available.
The Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation, Inc. (JJPAF) is an independent, nonprofit organization that is committed to helping eligible patients without insurance coverage receive prescription products donated by Johnson & Johnson operating companies. To see if they might qualify for assistance, please have your patient contact a JJPAF program specialist at 800-652-6227 (Monday−Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET) or visit the foundation website at JJPAF.org.
Patient insurance benefits investigation and other Janssen CarePath program offerings are provided by third-party service providers for Janssen CarePath, under contract with Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. on behalf of Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Janssen Biotech, Inc., and Janssen Products, LP (Janssen). Janssen CarePath is not available to patients participating in the Patient Assistance Program offered by Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation. The availability of information and assistance may vary based on the Janssen medication, geography and other program differences. Janssen CarePath assists healthcare providers (HCPs) in the determination of whether treatment could be covered by the applicable third-party payer based on coverage guidelines provided by the payer, and patient information provided by the healthcare provider under appropriate authorization following the provider’s exclusive determination of medical necessity. This information and assistance are made available as a convenience to patients, and there is no requirement that patients or HCPs use any Janssen product in exchange for this information or assistance. Janssen assumes no responsibility for and does not guarantee the quality, scope, or availability of the information and assistance provided. The third-party service providers, not Janssen, are responsible for the information and assistance provided under this program. Each HCP and patient is responsible for verifying or confirming any information provided. All claims and other submissions to payers should be in compliance with all applicable requirements.